Thousands of car accidents happen every year causing roughly 35,000 death in the U.S. On top of that, each year hundreds of thousands of people are injured in car crashes. It is important to know the leading the causes of car accidents in order to better prevent future injuries, and keep the roads a safer place.
Here are the most common causes of car accidents:
- Drunk Driving – There is no excuse for drunk driving. Every year thousands of preventable
accidents occur because of drunk driving.
- Texting – Distracted driving is nearly as bad drunk driving. State governments have
been cracking down on texting. Some legislatures have even charged drivers
with manslaughter, who have killed someone by texting.
- Speeding – Breaking the law, by failing to follow the speed limit, is among the top
causes of traffic accidents.
- Fatigue – If a driver is involved in an accident who has a steady track record of
falling asleep at the wheel, they can be charged with a criminal offense.
- Defective Auto Parts – The most common defects include: faulty tires, seatbelt malfunction, dangerous
roofs, and bad airbags.
- Poor Weather Conditions – Drivers should be aware of the dangers that exist when the weather is poor.
- Rubber-necking – Rubber-necking is another term for distracted driving, where motorist look
at other accidents or sights for prolonged periods of time.
- Other types of distracted driving – Drivers can be distracted by eating, smoking, talking on a cell phone,
or generally not paying attention on the road.
At Stephens Kelly Law we understand how much pain and confusion car accidents can leave you to deal with. Our personal injury lawyers can help you begin the road to recovery by pursuing the compensation you need. We want to help take some of the stress out of this trying time. If you have been injured in a car accident do not hesitate to call. Our St. Louis car accident attorneys would love to speak with you.
Reach out to our firm today for a free case evaluation!